New Year’s is a time when people reflect on various aspects of life, particularly a renewed focus on diet and exercise. Balancing health and wellness is critical, and exercise is key to accomplishing this. Ready to focus on health and fitness? Established in 2001, Polestar Pilates Asia education courses are here to train and prepare you for success! Polestar Education is a worldwide provider of rehabilitation-based Pilates education, producing high-caliber Pilates teachers and successful Pilates studio models, inspiring lives and nurturing the development of mind, and body.. Here are a few tips for a Happy, Healthy Chinese New Year:
Nurture Your Shen
Need a fresh start? Connecting with yourself and your loved ones will help renew your spirit. Here are some easy ways to do it:
- Unplug: Take an hour of silence, without any electronics or gadgets, each day. This is especially important before bed to promote a deeper, healing rest.
- Rekindle your passion for personal hobbies like cooking, woodworking, fishing, hiking and so much more. Whatever your passion is, carve out time for yourself.
- Take a break from your busy schedules and reconnect with friends. This will nourish your soul and give you support you may need. Enjoy a chat over tea or coffee, or take a walk together.
- Give yourself a nice treat, which does not necessarily have to be extravagant. A long bubble bath while listening to some music and sipping wine. Splurge on a new perfume. Read the novel or see the movie everyone’s talking about.
- Celebrate with food that nourishes you. Be mindful of the extra fat and sodium in Holiday foods, especially take-out. Instead, cook a delicious meal with ingredients that are good for the whole body. For example, make your own “power bowl” with black rice (a powerful antioxidant), sautéed with immune-boosting shiitake mushrooms, ginger and a touch of raw garlic.
Stay active with Pilates
Pilates helps in keeping the body active; as it focuses on moving, breathing and stretching. It keeps stress at bay, and releases endorphins that will make you feel good about yourself. You can also indulge in other physical exercise as well. Even if it is just a quick walk after a meal, a bike ride, or doing something energetic with a loved one. The tips mentioned above will enhance your objective of having a healthy New Year, full of happiness.