Pork is by far Asia’s favorite meat, and the best tasting pork available is Scan’s tender, flower-fed pork! Nordic farming methods and years of research into healthier eating have resulted in delicious, juicy and tender pork, which is simple to cook to perfection.
We are excited that fall is finally here– it’s time to bust out the sheet pans and casserole dishes and start baking in the oven again. Below you’ll find our top tips for getting Crispy Baked Pork Chops, and a must-try recipe for Crispy Cheddar Pork Chops with Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts. Crispy and cheesy coated Scan pork chops cook to tender perfection with roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts. This is one unforgettable meal!
How to get Crispy Baked Pork Chops
- Start off by purchasing High Quality Pork Chops, like Scan’s completely antibiotic-free, small family farm-raised pork. We produce the safest and most tasty meat there is!
- For a sheet pan meal, you’ll want to select a thicker cut pork chop, so they cook evenly alongside the potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- Use Panko for a crispy crust of delicious yumminess! In this recipe, you’ll create a milk and egg mixture, which you’ll dredge the pork in, and then into a crispy panko cheddar topping.
- Bake your pork for at least 15mins, then flip to give each side time to obtain that crispy crunch on both sides.
- We recommend baking your pork until the internal temperature reaches 65°C / 145°F (with a light pink center) followed by a 3-minute rest time.
With the holidays approaching it’s the perfect time to celebrate and make Scan Pork the center of your dinner table. Those pork chops just look like crispy, delicious perfection, don’t they? They will be a huge hit at your dinner table as well!
Crispy Cheddar Pork Chops with Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- 4 thick cut Scan pork chops
- Salt, pepper, and canola or olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups panko
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 500 grams/1 pound Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
- 500 grams/1 pound baby potatoes
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a shallow dish, whisk together your eggs and milk. In another shallow dish add panko, cheddar cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Season your Scan pork chops with salt and pepper, then dredge them in the egg mixture and then coat them in the panko mixture. Lay them on your prepared sheet pan.
- In a large bowl add the brussels sprouts and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with canola or olive oil. Lay them on the sheet pan, next to your pork chops.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the pork over and continue baking for 12-15 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 65°C / 145°F (with a light pink center) followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Find Scan’s premium flower-fed Pork at ParknShop Supermarkets across Hong Kong. Our pork can be cooked any way you like- since it’s loaded with high-quality fat, the meat is quick to prepare. Since it stays juicy and tender longer, cooking time is less critical as well.
Connect with Scan
Credit: Prosperity Research Digital Agency(PRDA) provides branded content catered to your business, in English, and Traditional or Simplified Chinese.