Many of us dream of a luxurious holiday where we can finally lay our heads down and rest, but we can never find enough time for ourselves. The good news is it’s never too late to get ourselves back on track, with a DIY retreat – or staycation- to recharge and invigorate your mind, body, and soul. Be inspired daily with A Day with Fé’s activewear, the clothing line for people seeking a mindful journey. Here are 6 top tips to make your staycation the most relaxing holiday ever!
- Clear Your Schedule – Plan a weekend for your at-home retreat, and clear your schedule of other commitments, just as if you were leaving town.
- Unplug– This is your time to relax. So, turn off your phone, stop checking emails during retreat, and spend as little time online as possible. Instead, explore nature and your community, read, meditate, draw, write, take naps, or do other restorative activities. Unplugging can lower blood pressure, heart rate, cortisol, and helps us sleep better.
- Nourish – Eat fresh vegetables, fruits, and nourishing meals which have as little processing as possible. You can add enjoyment to your retreat by inviting a friend over and cook, bake, sizzle or grill your organic delights!
- Practice Yoga – Buy a class card or pass from a local studio, and choose two classes to take each day. If you prefer practicing at home, dedicate two sessions to your practice: an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. As always, A Day with Fe strives to make yoga life easier with the most comfortable athleisure apparel.
- Spoil Yourself – Make time for a hot bath, or indulge in a professional massage. On a budget? Try at-home spa treatments, like a steam facial or a foot massage.
- Get more zzz’s – Go to bed early, and get sufficient rest, at least 7 hours a night, so that you’re truly refreshed when you emerge from your staycation.
Make sure to stop by A Day with Fé shop in PMQ. Their newest collection of super comfy and stylish yoga wear will make your staycation extra relaxing and special. Happy shopping!
Shop: S502, Block A, 35 Aberdeen Street (PMQ) Central, Hong Kong